Saturday 31 October 2009

Halloween!!

It is Halloween!

I sit here, realising the day its self has snuck up behind me and I have no parties to go to, have prepared sod all, so I am found sitting alone in my living room with a huge witches hat on and writing on my blog. Alone. Not one trick or treater in sight by the water, but the moon peering through my window.

Not to worry, Big fella will be home soon. We are going to have a party for two, with home made soup, giggles and wine. (No gin, I am a wee bit too fragile for gin. Big fella does not deserve torrid behaviour from me right now. He has been a super star!) Thanks to Debra for letting us view these wondrous pumpkins for the pumpkin project!!

Isn't this fantastic? I love owls! Thank you Debra!

Now a little Halloween story before I go off and drink far too much wine and make a fool out of myself.

There is a special lady in the world of blog. Her name is Dede. Dede sent me a very special parcel recently. Inside was this:

This beautiful photo frame was magically weaved and created by her talented hands and a beautiful flower pressed card from India with love written inside.
Big fella managed to collect the parcel for me, (postal strike raging at the moment here) and eagerly showed me it to me when I got in from a mad day at work. " It came from overseas y'know! Big fella excitingly said as I opened the mystery parcel laid on the table before me.

I gasped as I pulled out the photo frame with the wonderful quote from Edward Young "Procrastination is the thief of time." We love it! Very fitting in this household too! Please go over to Dede and wish her a amazing and magical Halloween, because she truly deserves it! You really warmed the cockles of my heart Dede!! Thank you so!!!

Now big fella is back, I am going to serve him some stew and oh, oh, I think he has bought some gin!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Samhain blessings to you and the big fella! Go easy on that gin, LOL!

Flor Larios Art said...

Have a super Halloween!

Stitchinwitch said...

Hope your evening is wonderful and you had a blessed Samhain

Dede said...

So glad that you liked it. Have a Blessed Samhain and a Wonderful New Year!

(((HUGS)))

Rue said...

Hope you don't have a gin-headache this morning! I tried to behave myself...

Bridgett said...

Awww...you and Big Fella are just too cute.

So glad you had a wonderful Samhain. And what a beautiful picture you received!

)O(
boo

p.s. I think you should do an audio entry. I'm dying to hear your accent. :)

Much love to you.